Often we are asked by our clients for advice concerning their claim for Disability benefits. We have compiied this list of things that you should and should not do in response to their requests. If you’re a client of ours, please note that “your lawyer” and “your lawyer’s office” refers to The Law Offices of Tracy Tyson Miller.
Things you should NOT do:
- Do NOT speak with anyone from the Social Security Administration without talking to our office.
- Do NOT attend any appointments with physicians that the SSA sets up for you without talking to your lawyer.
- Do NOT return to work without discussing the matter with your lawyer.
- Do NOT change your address or telephone number without notifying your lawyer’s office.
Things you SHOULD do:
- Get regular medical care
- Ask your physicians if they are willing to complete a brief medical assessment or provide a narrative letter outlining your medical problems.
- Make sure your lawyer’s office ALWAYS knows how to contact you.
- If you return to work, contact your lawyer’s office.
- Send a copy of any Worker’s Compensation documents to your lawyer’s office.
- Notify your lawyer/your lawyer’s office of any new medical problems that are diagnosed, any new physicians you see or any hospitalization that occurs.
- If you have ANY unanswered questions, please contact your lawyer, or our team at the Law Office of Tracy Tyson Miller.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information included in this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Please consult an attorney at The Law Offices of Tracy Tyson Miller for legal advice.